Saturday, November 19, 2011

040; Noel Gallagher...AKA what a night!

On November 5th I had the pleasure to attend a special acoustic set at the newly named Virgin Mobile Mod Club, formerly known as the Mod Club, featuring the one and only Noel Gallagher. It was a private, pre show warm up to his performances at Massey Hall later in the week.

Mod Club
Virgin Mobile Mod Club: a mini profile
  • 722 College Street, Little Italy Toronto
  • Fits 600 people (floor, lounge-ish areas, balcony)
  • Concert venue - one of my favourites because it's so small, sound is crisp, and there's no barricade separating you from the stage
  • Night Club - Not familiar with their system but I know there are UK Underground Saturdays

So my expectations weren't extraordinarily high, although I expected something good because well it's Noel Gallagher, the better half of Oasis. The email invited me + guest to attend a 5 song acoustic set on the re-opening night. What did I get?
  • A club full of middle age people - I'm 99% sure my friend and I were the youngest in the crowd
  • drink ticket - thank you virgin mobile!
  • An awesome view of the stage over all the tall men
  • Grown men shouting "I love you Noel" between every song, to which the cool Noel replied" there's a lot of fucking love in this room."
  • An 8 song set. He played:
    • It's Good to be Free
    • Talk Tonight - one of my favourite Oasis songs
    • If I Had a Gun
    • Supersonic
    • Wonderwall - I was not expecting that. Thought he'd be tired of it. 
    • AKA... What a Life
    • Half the World Away
    • Don't Look Back in Anger - soo good.
  • A poster commemorating the night on my way out

















I definitely got my email's worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my blog!
Your thoughts are very much appreciated =]