Thursday, December 15, 2011

042; [18/50 QTWFYM] floating onwards

18. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of? 

I admit, I collect random things that have good memories attached to them. 
I admit, I can be an overly sentimental person who attaches meaning to things way to easily...bus transfers, wrapping paper, business cards, songs... 
I don't think I need to let go of these things though. 

In terms of dying relationships, I think I just let things float on - not really holding on but at the back of my mind knowing that they're still there. Because I used to "hold on" to people, I learned if they're not holding on to you it gets tiresome and a dying relationship is a result of that. By having these used-to-be-significant people float on, I'm not exactly cutting out the ties completely. In fact, I don't think I'd mind re-establishing ties. So no, I don't think I need to completely let go of these people.

" I've got some friends, some that I hardly know. But we've had some times I wouldn't trade for the world. " 
 - Swing Life Away - Rise Against


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my blog!
Your thoughts are very much appreciated =]