Sunday, April 10, 2011

015; "You sound like Harry Potter" - kid from "Arthur"

Arthur is a 1981 remake - This film takes on a MUCH more modern approach with fancy cars, cell phones, and floating beds.
Cast - Starring Russell Brand (used to hate 'em now I love him)
Genre - It's a light hearted comedy movie that turns quite chick-flicky mid way through. I love chick flicks, but for some reason I wasn't expecting it to be a chick-flick. 
Soundtrack - BEN GIBBARD (of Death Cab)  yes yes yes. He actually had two songs: When the Sun Goes Down on your Street and Where Our Destination Lies. Made the movie whole lot better. I'm a sucker for a good soundtrack. 
Highlights: smart ass little kids and Harry Potter reference.
Movie makes me wanna: visit New York's Grand Central Terminal.
(skip to 2:23 for the whisper wall)
Recommended - umm, yes/no? My mom told me she watched the original Arthur on TV as I was watching the remake in theatres and it sounds really different and the original sounded better actually. I did like the movie, but I'd say wait for it on DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my blog!
Your thoughts are very much appreciated =]