Saturday, July 9, 2011

027; MMVA madness (the first and the final)

I attended the Much Music Video Awards this year. I've wanted to go since high school, but because it's always near exam time I always skipped out. Next year I won't be in the country and the year after that I'll feel too old. So this year felt like it was the perfect timing.. plus The Black Keys and Lady GaGa!

MMVA (a mini profile):
  • Location: Toronto
  • outdoors award show
  • held annually on Father's Day (3rd week of June)
  • free
  • all ages* *For wristbands (you're closer to the stage) you need to be 14+ or accompanied by an adult. If you're watching on the streets you could be a 2 week old baby being exposed to fan girls at their best or a 98 year old lady reliving her teenage dream. 
  • show appreciation to Canadian artists (and International artists too) 

I attended the red carpet in hopes to meet my brothers (The Black Keys) and "mother" (Lady GaGa). I didn't get to meet them, let alone they weren't even at the red carpet. That didn't dampen my spirits however.
To my surprise, I met half of Billy Talent. I didn't even know they were coming. My encounter with Ben Kowalewicz was one of the highlights of my night. He was such a friendly guy. For BT fans, when I asked when the new album was coming out he responded with a smile and said "soon." Yay for new material!!
While most of the members of Simple Plan were strutting their stuff, Chuck was "greeting" the fan girls who screamed at the site of anybody who appeared to be famous. I put greeting in quotations because all he was doing was signing anything that came his way, much like a robot who didn't care. I knew Simple Plan was going to be at MMVA so I packed their old cd with me. I held out the booklet for him to sign and he looked up and said "thanks for coming out."  Although I stopped listening to them years ago, I liked the fact he acknowledged me. Small things like that make me happy.

I had the opportunity to meet some people who don't interest me. Some pictures of a few of them:
Shawn Desman
These Kids Wear Crowns
Karl Wolf (?)
Fefe Dobson
Nikki Reed
Abandon All Ships
David Guetta
Down With Websters' lead singer
Selena Gomez
MTV Live hosts
 (I would have liked to meet Daryn Jones actually...)
Here are some red carpet walkers that I would have liked to meet, but didn't have the chance to:
Marianas Trench
(as you can see, they were busy racing in their bubbles)
Bruno Mars
Colin Farrell
(Is he looking at my camera/me? I'm gonna pretend he is anyways..)
Johnny Galecki
The actual award show on the other hand... too many tall people so I didn't see much. I did however see Lady Gaga's dress rehearsal performance earlier in the day. that was another highlight of my day actually.

All in all, it was a fantastic experience. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my blog!
Your thoughts are very much appreciated =]