Saturday, February 19, 2011

Jan 10; BRB, going out of town

 Day 5
I did a lot of sight seeing out of the town today.

monuments locals made

Place # 1

the shuanglin buddhist temple
respect.
monastry
keeping warm
I wanted to take her home. She sings and smiles. ( I can do without the begging)

Place # 2
entrance to the Mahaparinirvana Temple
Inside this building lies the reclining buddha. Since it was my first time, I was allowed to make a wish under the following condition: walk around the building five times. No biggie.
reclining buddha
I was told to make a wish inside too. The ritual: walk around the statue three times, and once a round you stop at the feet and make a wish. (One thing about me, I like making wishes)

Place # 3

Place # 4  (Gorakphur)
movie theatre!
dead end at City Mall
I finally got to go to a real mall. I mean, I wasn't planing to do any shopping there, but I just wanted to see how it looked. There's a store called Spencer's which is our equivalent to Wal-Mart. I picked up two new flavours of chips: Spicy Tomato Tango (which is ketchup chips) and Magic Masala, pictured below.
Taste: Not bad, but I like all dressed better.
Speaking of taste, I had dosa for lunch and it was quite nice.
Masala Dosa = 45 rupees = $1
(i really wish decent food was this cheap in canada!)

India's To Do List:

  • Dosa 


  • Animal Count: 6 + 1 (cobra)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thank you for checking out my blog!
    Your thoughts are very much appreciated =]