Thursday, February 10, 2011

Jan 9; let's take a shower in the cold, dark, cemented floor washroom

Day 4
I got to ride a motorcycle for the very first time! I admit I was kinda shaky at the beginning. You would be too if you saw the way people drive... I went along anyway seeing I didn't see any accidents so I thought it was relatively safe. and hey, I spoke too soon. The first ride went well so I didn't mind going for another round. It was during that second round where this guy speeding on a bike collided with my cousin and I. Luckily we weren't going at an immense speed so we didn't get hurt, thank God, but the bike did (the mirror fell off).  Oh and as for the other guy, I don't know what happened.
fog city - view from the balcony
Going back to the topic of cold. Freezing! Seriously, I felt like I needed a Canada Goose. There's no central heater, so the only thing that's keeping us warm is layers of clothing, blankets, and a portable heater that works well only when there's electricity.

Oh yes, and the issue with electricity..... The electricity comes and goes whenever it feels like it. Throughout the day, there could be no electricity from the morning until afternoon, then it will come on randomly for a few hours, and then it will go out again. Lucky for me the electricity seems to come on during the night when the weather gets even colder. (yay heater)

When you put cold weather and no electricity together, do you really want to take a shower in the dirty dark? It reminds me of a jail cell.  I swear I'm not a dirty person, but it's just so uncomfortable!

In the evening, I went out the the town to look at my cousin's school and buy some fresh veggies for dinner.
the school
board from the "yellow house" even though it's on blue
So being a Harry Potter geek, I found it intriguing to the see the house divisions. There's even the whole point system and sports tournament!

Animal Count: 4 + 2 (boar and monkey)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my blog!
Your thoughts are very much appreciated =]