Sunday, February 6, 2011

Jan 7; Back on the road - or air

Day 2
Flight: Mumbai to Lucknow
not the airport, but close to it
The goal for today was to travel to a little place near Gorakhpur. Little did I know the road trip from Lucknow, where the airport is, to Gorakhpur, where my home is, is 6 freakn hours.
best way to get around
I got to ride on one of these nifty things. Believe me when I say this is the best way to get around town. Believe me when I say drivers are absolutely insane. Believe me when I say there are no road rules - if there's space then go for it; if someone's in your way then honk till your heart's content; if you want to go north on a southbound lane be my guest. Noone's stopping you.

The Mosque of Bara Imambara
This was my first touristy place of my trip. As I was walking around one little kid approached me and asked for money. Another few followed and the next thing I knew I was swarmed with kids. Not fun.

Night Market
Locals buy their food fresh every single day. They shop in the evening after work so you can imagine how crowded it must have been.

After a day of looking around, the six hour drive begins.

Wild Animal Count: +3 (dogs, goats, oxen)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my blog!
Your thoughts are very much appreciated =]